SILVER CLASS WILD & SCENIC MPUMALANGA – 4 Day Johannesburg to Johannesburg
- Days: 4 Days and 3 Nights
- Min/Max Participants: Two / Seven
- Departure: Sunday – Sandton hotels at 07h30
- Accommodation: Upper 3 & 4 Star hotels and private lodges
- Vehicle: Luxury Touring Sedan / Luxury Microbus
- Driver/Guide: Services of THETA registered driver/guide throughout tour. Game drives with experienced rangers.
- Languages Available: English – German. Other language guides available on request, booked on a private basis.
- Visa/Passport: Multiple entry visas for South Africa where applicable. For Swaziland entry, passport and visa conditions apply.
Highlights at a Glance:
Mpumalanga • Pilgrim’s Rest • Kruger National Park • Panorama Route • Blyde River Canyon • Three Rondawels • Bourke’s Luck Potholes • God’s Window • Sabie
Day 1: Mpumalanga – Sabie
From Johannesburg your tour heads east to Mpumalanga (‘Place Where the Sun Rises’), via the historic towns of Witbank, Dullstroom and Lydenburg. Travel over Robber’s Pass on to the quaint mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest where you will have a short stop. Visit the Lone Creek Waterfalls before arriving at your elegant hideaway.
Lone Creek River Lodge (Timber Cottages) or similar – bed and breakfast basis
Day 2: Kruger National Park
After an early morning breakfast, enter the world famous Kruger National Park, unrivalled for its diversity of flora, fauna and bird life, seeking the Big Five. Leave the park and continue to your private game lodge. Arrive in time for afternoon tea, followed by your evening game drive in an open safari vehicle. Return to the lodge for dinner under the stars (weather permitting).
Makalali Private Game Lodge or similar – dinner, bed and breakfast basis + 2 game viewing activities
Day 3: Panorama Route
After an early morning bush walk or game drive and breakfast, leave the lodge and enter the Panorama Route, featuring the Blyde River Canyon, the Three Rondawels, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s Window and Mac Mac Waterfalls. Arrive at your overnight destination late afternoon.
Protea Hotel Kruger Gate – dinner, bed and breakfast basis
Possible leisure add nights booked on dinner, bed and breakfast basis. Extra game drives can also be booked. The return transfer will be an English driver only service.
Day 4: Safari – Nelspruit – Johannesburg
After an early breakfast, your journey to Johannesburg begins with a short game drive in the Kruger National Park in your closed vehicle. Exit the park and drive through Nelspruit and Machadodorp to arrive in Johannesburg with drop off at OR Tambo International Airport or your hotel.