BOTSWANA CLASSIC EXPLORER SAFARI – 8 nights / 9 days
Chobe National Park, Savute and Okavango Delta
The much-loved Classic Explorer Safari takes you to the renowned regions of the Chobe National Park, Savute and the Okavango Delta on a spectacular eight night mobile camping adventure. Here, you are offered a wonderful combination of land and water activities such as game drives, private boat cruises and mokoro excursions. As an added delight you also have the option to include the Victoria Falls onto your itinerary.
This safari travels with a maximum of 6 guests in 3 tents, in a specially customised 4×4 safari vehicle, and accompanied by an expert safari guide throughout.
What Makes This Safari Special:
- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- All tours have scheduled departure dates.
- Best of Northern Botswana – Chobe, Savute, private concessions in the Okavango Delta. (Add Victoria Falls to the beginning of your trip for added guest delight).
- This adventure offer the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
The suggested maximum age for this adventure is 70 years, due to the physical nature of the safari.
This Safari Is Perfect For:
- Adventure seekers
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Small groups or families with children aged 12 and older
- Individual travellers
Mobile Camping Accommodation:
One of the main draw cards to selecting Expeditions as your next adventure is the rustic and comfortable mobile camping accommodation. Enjoy fully serviced mobile camping. By this we mean that you can expect the renowned service during your adventure such as a butler, housekeeper and chefs who prepare the most scrumptious pan African menus.
Accommodation is in spacious expedition dome tents (4 metres x 4 metres in size), comfortable beds, ensuite bathroom (3 metres x 3 metres in size), separate w.c. and hot bucket shower. The mobile camp boasts three ensuite safari tents. As this is the quintessential African safari experience there is no electricity in camps, but cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices can be charged on the safari vehicle.
Let The Adventure Begin…
DAY 1 – 2 Chobe National Park
Your journey begins at Kasane Airport where you will meet your private guide who will accompany you throughout your adventure. Your guide will then drive you to a secluded camp site in Chobe National Park, where you will spend two nights. Chobe National Park is home to thrilling action-packed wildlife interactions and the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. Here you can embark on thrilling game drives and enjoy a spectacular private boat cruise on the Chobe River. Experience unforgettable game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River.
DAY 3 – 4 Savute
The next leg of your tour will be a game drive transfer that will take you into the beautiful Savute area of the Chobe National Park. Here, surrounded by pristine wilderness, you will spend two nights at a mobile camp, however during the months of February and April you will be unwinding at the delightful Savute Under Canvas in spacious meru style tents. The area is known for its large prides of lion, African wild dog, leopard and spotted hyena that prowl the landscape in search of prey. Adventures in the Savute include game drives and the opportunity to see volcanic outcrops and Bushmen paintings.
DAY 5 – 6 Okavango Delta
After exploring the Savute, you will embark on a scenic game drive to the glorious Okavango Delta for a two night stay, where you will be spoilt for choice with the assortment of excellent wildlife sightings in the area. This particular region of the Delta offers some of the best wildlife encounters where you can see lion, leopard, African wild dog, kudu, elephant, semi-aquatic lechwe, hippo and giraffe.
DAY 7 – 8 Okavango Delta
On the final leg of your journey you will be flown to the famous Nxabega concession, in the Okavango Delta, where you will spend two nights. Here you will experience an adventure-filled mix of water and land activities from game drives to mokoro and catch and- release fishing. Please note that the water based activities are seasonal.
Today, your guide will accompany you to Maun and will wave a fond farewell as you board your flight homeward from Maun International Airport.
~ End of Safari ~
- Number of nights and days 8 nights / 9 days
- Destinations Chobe National Park, Savute and Okavango Delta
- Accommodation Mobile camping throughout (Savute Under Canvas during February to April)
- Starting point Kasane
- Ending point Maun
- Logistics Vehicle and light aircraft
- Travel season February – December
- Elephant (large herds in the Chobe and Savute)
- Lion (large prides can be seen in the Savute)
- African wild dog
- Spotted hyena
- Antelopes such as sable, puku (Chobe is the only destination to see this rare animal), Chobe bushbuck, kudu and klipspringer
- Plains game such as wildebeest and giraffe
- Game drives
- Private boat cruises
- Mokoro trips
- Fishing (seasonal)
Includes: Accommodation, meet and greet at Maun Airport or Kasane Airport, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari, emergency medical evacuation insurance, VAT, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and National Park entrance fees while on safari, road transfers during your safari, seat on charter as specified, domestic airport tax within Botswana, Personal Travel Journal filled with the highlights of your itinerary and services of an expert guide throughout your adventure in Botswana.
Excludes: Telephone calls, safari shop purchases, gratuities, all items of a personal nature, champagne, cognacs, fine wines and premium brand spirits.